Monday, September 15, 2008

Theres no place like home!



Here are some random pictures I took while in the DR.

I saw the wildest thing last night, (it didn't even phase John) the security guard at the gas station was carrying a shotgun! Not a policeman with a handgun in his holster but a security guard with a shotgun dangling from his hand. I was amazed. It is very different here.
I will be flying home today. I leave Santo Domingo at 8:35 pm and arrive in Fort Lauderdale, Fl at 11:00 pm. Please pray for travelling mercies.
I thank God for the oppurtunity I've had to spend time with the Niesen family during this exciting time. It has been great. I have missed their family since they left Florida (especially Sarah, sorry John & Evie). Little Ransom is so precious and such a good baby. He looks alot like his sister.
I will get some pictures today and post them when I am home. I am looking forward to seeing my family, the CCoV church body and the Agape staff and volunteers. God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

So happy to hear about the news of Ransom's arrival into this world. How wonderful you could be there with Sarah.

We miss you--we especially missed you during our ladies retreat--and will baa glad to hae you back home with us? are we selfish or what??
Love you in the Lord, Susan Hyland
P.S.
We ARE praying for traveling mercies for you.

Prachar family said...

Welcome back, see you Wednesday morning!
Travis