Thursday, September 4, 2008

Heading off to the Dominican Republic


I (Kate) am heading off to Santo Domingo, D.R., Lord willing! I fly out of Fort Lauderdale airport tomorrow morning at 6 am and return late on the 15th. Please pray that hurricanes Hanna, Ike and Josephine (and any others) stay far away from me. As of now Ike is to hit the D.R. on Saturday. I am going to assist our friends, John and Sarah Niesen,the new Field Directors for Agape Flights. They are expecting their second child on September 11th. I am hoping to be a blessing to as many people as I can while there. I am also looking forward to learning more about the country that will be our home in the not too distant future.

I am going to get to spend some time with Pastor Vic, his wife Maureen and their family this evening (CC Aventura FL). Pastor Vic, who was born in the Dominican Republic, has started a CC (Calvary Chapel) in Santiago D.R. and a CC of Santo Domingo is in the works. There may even be a CC Bible College starting in Santo Domingo. Dan and I were very excited to learn of these developments.
I am off to drive the 3 hours to Fort lauderdale. I will update when I arrive Friday.

1 comment:

John said...

YAY! See you in the morning.