Monday, November 10, 2008

Our weekend & Can you find your self? part 2





This past weekend we had some guests, Gabe and Alayna, while their parents went to Iowa to lead a marriage conference. It was so nice to have a GIRL and a NON TEENAGE young man! (Love you Jack!) We went to the private beach via a ferry, went to the library (no worries Paul, I kept the books and DVD's), we made some from scratch french bread (the picture with the loaf of bread was after we had been at the beach for a hour or so, hence the wind blown hair) and Gabe made a batch of fudgy brownies. Gabe also got to help Mr.Dan with various auto repairs (see below for more on that), shoot hoops with Jack and wax Mr. Dan's car. It was fun to have them and almost made me wish mine were young again...almost. I am very blessed with two great young men! I am excited to see how the Lord is going to use their lives.
This was a bad weekend for our finances and my van though. When Gabe, Alayna and I got into the car after leaving the library it wouldn't start...Dan to the rescue...my battery was dead, cracked and very corroded. It was so bad the guy at Walmart refused to change it out...Dan and Gabe to the rescue. While removing it Dan found the cable leading to it was also corroded...we had to replace the cable too...an unexpected $160.00 dollars (with free labor)for the cable and battery. That was Friday...On Saturday night I left to go pick Jack up from work and I hear this funny noise...I immediately return home and see one of my tires is as flat as it could possibly be...Dan and Gabe to the rescue...Thank you Dan for giving up a big chunk of your weekend fixing my van, I am so blessed to be married to you! Sunday after driving to church on my donut (Alayna and Gabe thought that was a funny name). We went to Firestone to have them repair or replace the tire, I was concerned about another unexpected expense and Dan didn't think the warranty would cover it. Gabe suggested we pray about it before we went in (What a young man!) which we did. They did have to replace it but our warranty covered most of it...the grand total was $13.78. Praise God! I have also changed the slide show to show more friends and family pictures. How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I was praying you were havin a great weekend! It looks like they had tons of fun and Alayna has not stopped talking about the baking she got to do. I can't believe Gabe didn' mention getting to help work on the van! We really can't thank you guys enough! Love the shirts you sent with Alayna, and Gabe is in HEAVEN over the radio/flashlight! You spoiled them rotten...what more could we or they have wanted?!? BTW, I LOVED your comment on my blog in the spirit of Not Me! Monday! You're going to have to join in now!
Love you!
Travis