Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home? again

Well, I, Dan, returned home last Friday from the Dominican Republic. I had many revelations while there. First, the little spanish I know is very inadaquate for serving. I could survive with what I know, but could not minister (Donde es el bano?). Next, working up close with the missionaries, we saw God is truly doing great things in the DR. Finally, the plans we had to minister there do not seem to be needed at this time. Kate and I would love to serve God in the Dominican Republic, but more importantly, we want to do what God wants. We do not believe that our plans to move there and serve are His plans. So, the question mark in the title is not a typo, but the reality of what we feel. We are seeking God's will for our lives, but are not sure what or where the next step is. If you visit our house now, you would see a family living out of boxes, since we were packed to leave. We are continuing to serve at Agape here in the states as we wait for the next step. Please pray for us and direction in our lives.

2 comments:

2Corinth1:4mom said...

I will hate for you guys to leave - if it comes to that, but I "get it". I will start praying that God slams doors and opens wide the ones he wants for you. I am sure you will be held up high in prayers by everyone who knows your family and loves you guys!

Prachar family said...

Oh, this is a hard place to be. Know you are covered in prayers for wisdom and guidance. I also echo Kristen's prayer for slamming and opening doors. He who began a work is faithful to complete it!