Friday, January 9, 2009

Dan has kidney stones..He is doing ok though..now

The early morning hours on Thursday found Dan and I in the Emergency room. Around 4 in the morning Dan awoke with some pretty severe pain and some nausea and vomitting, after trying to tough it out for almost 2 hours he could take no more. When we got to the hospital they put an IV access in and gave him a liter bolus of fluids and some pain medicines. Because he was so young (in Venice Florida, where the median age is 65, 40 is considered young) and 80% of kidney stones pass without surgical intervention the MD opted to not take a CT scan. Dan started to feel better and he was sent home with a few parting gifts (a prescription, a urinal, a strainer and a specimen jar). Then around 4:30 pm I picked up Dan's Mom from the Fort Myers airport. I call her the incredible shrinking Grandma because every time I see her there is less of her (almost 100 lbs less!).I will take some photos of Sharron (not the stones) this weekend and post them.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Hope he is continuing to improve...nice parting gifts!!

John said...

I cried when I heard the news. Well... I winced. We need to talk on Skype when everything is better.