Saturday, October 11, 2008

A long week (for Dan)

Have you ever had one of those weeks when the work seems to just keep piling up and even with your best efforts it just seems to get worse? Well, most of this week has been like that for me. On top of that (or maybe it was part of it), I have been fighting an illness all week. I have been reminded 3 times in the last few days that all we do (as Christians) is ministry. Whether it is changing oil in an airplane, talking to a family member or friend, or posting a blog, we need to live and work unto Jesus. I wish I could say I live with that mindset all the time....or even most of the time...or half the time...but the reality is I, at best, have occasional moments with this mindset. This is also a command, found in Colossians "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." I will work toward this attitude. Yesterday, Kate spent some time at the Veice Business Expo, where Agape had a booth to introduce our ministry to some of the local businesses and residents. Agape has a flight simulator that was used in our display.

No comments: